The IdeaPad 3 (15, AMD) is an entry-level laptop is a great everyday companion and powerful enough to help you get things done.
We get a lot of questions regarding the purchase of computers for running Kreloses. Here are some quick tips when purchasing a laptop in Malaysia. You can expect to spend around RM2000 in total, but make sure you read the tips below to ensure that you purchase carefully and correctly.
Kreloses can run on almost any computer made in the last 10 or so years. Kreloses is a website, and like most websites, the hardware requirements are low (i.e. you do not need a particularly fast computer). However, to get the best experience, you will still want to ensure the computer itself is not slow, and that everything in Windows itself is running reliably and at a reasonable speed.
Please note, this is for companies who are purchasing new laptops. Also note this is not a comprehensive analysis, rather it is just the key points to help some of our customers make better purchasing decisions.
👌 TIP 1: Do not spend more than approx RM2000.
- Today you can get fantastic new laptops that have fast CPU's, hard drives and sufficient RAM for around RM2000.
- The following laptop is a great choice that we use at our office and have had great experiences with.
- IdeaPad Slim 3 (15, AMD), 15.6" FHD TN AntiGlare LED Display, AMD Ryzen 3 3250U Processor, AMD Radeon Graphics, 4GB DDR4
- You can check out the laptop here.
- Starting from RM1,851.55🏷️ inclusive of delivery
👌 TIP 2: The CPU model doesn't really matter when purchasing any of the latest models.
- There are only 2 brands of CPU's on the market for you right now. AMD and Intel both have super low-cost CPU's which will run Kreloses and everything else you do just fine. Overall, you will find the Ryzen 5 AMD laptops cheaper, and they really are great purchases.
- For AMD, any of the Ryzen 5 models are great (3200u, 3500u etc).
- For Intel, the low-cost i3 is more than enough (10th generation is the latest and you should be purchasing that).
👌 TIP 3: It is not required but highly recommended that you select a model with an SSD or NVME SSD harddrive.
- If you buy a laptop today, it is highly recommended that you purchase one with an SSD-type hard drive. The SSD drives are magnitudes faster than the older SATA drives. Unfortunately, lots of laptops are still sold with SATA drives and these do not perform as great in comparison. Therefore, this tip recommends that you get a model that has an SSD or NVME SSD hard-drive if you are opting for better performance.
👌 TIP 4: Make sure the laptop has a Full HD, 1080P resolution screen (and preferably a 13" or larger panel).
- You will be spending lots of time on this machine, and the extra real-estate you get with a larger, higher resolution monitor will be well worth it.